Property Tax including Proposition 13
- Proposition 13 at 30: Panel 2, The Economic Impact (video). Moderator: John Decker, Executive Director, California Debt & Investment Advisory Commission Dave Doerr, California Taxpayers Association, "Coping Through California's Budget Crises in Light of Proposition 13" William Fischel, Professor of Economics, Dartmouth College, "Why Has the Serrano-Prop. 13 Connection Become the Conventional Wisdom?" Terri Sexton, Professor of Economics, California State University Sacramento, "Proposition 13 and Residential Mobility" Steven Sheffrin, Professor of Economics, UC Davis, "Re-Assessing the Fairness of Market Value Taxation and Proposition 13".
- Proposition 13 and Residential Mobility (pdf). Terri A. Sexton. Presentation at Proposition 13 at 30, Institute of Governmental Studies, UC Berkeley, June 6, 2008.
- Taxing Property Transactions vs. Taxing Property Ownership (pdf). Terri A. Sexton, Presentation at "What Role for Property Taxes?" sponsored by the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies and the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, April 27-29, 2008.
- The Increasing Importance of Assessment Limitations as a Means of Limiting Property Taxes on Homeowners (pdf). Terri A. Sexton, "Property Tax Roundtable" co-sponsored by George Washington University (George Washington Institute of Public Policy) and Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, October 5, 2007.
- The Future of the Property Tax (pdf). Terri A. Sexton, Presentation to the California Assessor’s Association, 101st Annual Conference, October 29, 2003.
- Are Californians Better Off Than They Were 25 Years Ago? (pdf). Terri A. Sexton, Presentation for the California Budget Project, March 12, 2003.
- The Market Value of Commercial Real Property in Los Angeles County in 2002 (pdf). Terri A. Sexton and Steven M. Sheffrin, California Policy Research Center, February 2003.
State and Local Public Finance
- California’s Local Tax Policy: Past, Present, and Future (pdf). Terri A. Sexton, Presentation to the California Municipal revenue and & Association, August 18, 2006.
Industry Specific Studies
- The Taxation of Telecommunications in California in the Information Age (pdf). James E. Prieger, Terri A. Sexton, and Annette Nellen, California Policy Research Center, April 2003. Overview Presentation (pdf).